- "Our Fight for Democracy"
- Index of book
- Preface of "Our Fight for Democracy"
- Book - Order Form
- Introduction - The Meaning of Democracy
- Roman Britain to Magna Carta - 1215
- Parliament to the Divine Right of Kings 1216 to 1603
- Monarchy to a Republic and back 1603-1685
- Bill of Rights to the American War of Independence - 1685 to 1780
- Pitt the Younger to Catholic Emancipation - 1780 to 1830
- The Great Reform Act and its aftermath - 1830 to 1860
- The Second Reform Act to the end of the Century 1860 to 1900
Friday, March 8, 2013
Defender of Faiths
The monarch is the Head of the Church of England and under the Act of Settlement has to be a Protestant. This is religious discrimination writ large. In a democracy it has no place. The monarch’s eldest male heir succeeds to the throne. This is sexual discrimination and in a democracy should have no place.
The monarch should be the “Defender of faiths”This course of action is favoured by the Prince of Wales.