- "Our Fight for Democracy"
- Index of book
- Preface of "Our Fight for Democracy"
- Book - Order Form
- Introduction - The Meaning of Democracy
- Roman Britain to Magna Carta - 1215
- Parliament to the Divine Right of Kings 1216 to 1603
- Monarchy to a Republic and back 1603-1685
- Bill of Rights to the American War of Independence - 1685 to 1780
- Pitt the Younger to Catholic Emancipation - 1780 to 1830
- The Great Reform Act and its aftermath - 1830 to 1860
- The Second Reform Act to the end of the Century 1860 to 1900
Monday, March 19, 2012
European Scrutiny Committee
Before the 2010 General Election the House of Commons European Scrutiny Committee met in secret in spite of the Committee voting for its meetings to be held in public. David Cameron promised that it would meet in public. After the General Election it did meet in public, but then it decided that it would meet in private. The public have a right to know what is going on in their parliament.
The European Scrutiny Committee of the House of Commons should meet in public.