14 Americans (North, Central, South)
30 Caucasians and 70 non-Caucasians
30 Christians and 70 non-Christians
6 people would possess 59% of the wealth and they would all come from the USA
70 would be illiterate
50 would suffer from hunger and malnutrition
1 would be dying
1 would be being born1 (yes, only one) would have a university degree
If we looked at the world in this way, the need for acceptance and understanding would be obvious but consider again the following:
- If you woke up this morning in good health, you have more luck than one million people, who won't live through the week.
- If you have never experience the horror of war, the solitude of prison, the pain of torture, were not close to death from starvation, then you are better off than 500 million people.
- If you can go to your place of worship without fear that someone will assault or kill you, then you are luckier than 3 billion (that's right) people.
- If you have a full fridge, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are wealthier than 75% of the world's population.
- If you currently have money in the bank, in your wallet and a few coins in your purse, you are one of 8 of the privileged few amongst the 100 people in the world.
- If your parents are still alive and still married, you are a rare individual.
- If you read this, you are extremely lucky, because someone is thinking of you and because you don't comprise one of those 2 billion people who can't read.
WORK like you don't need the money
LOVE like nobody has ever hurt you
DANCE like nobody is watching
SING like nobody is listening
LIVE as if this was paradise on Earth
MENTION this blog to your friends
BYPASS those who are determined to see the worst in the world no matter what.
If you don't mention it, nothing will happen.
If you do mention it, someone might smile while they are reading it, and that will be positive
AND APART FROM THAT SIMPLY ENJOY YOUR DAY